Girls for Gender Equity's “Hey, Shorty!” Makes Headlines
Girls for Gender Equity (GGE), one of the grantee organizations in the pilot cohort of Move to End Violence, has gotten some great news coverage for the recently published Hey, Shorty! A Guide to Combating Sexual Harassment and Violence in Schools and on the Streets. The 200-page book has received very positive reviews, providing a spotlight for the powerful work that GGE is doing to empower youth, fight sexual harassment, and address gender violence.
See the links and articles below:
- Ms. Magazine Blog: “A How-To on Youth Activism” By Carrie Baker, April 19, 2011
- The Brooklyn Rail: “SISTERS FIGHT to End Harassment in Schools” By Eleanor J. Bader, May 2011
- Womens Enews: “Schoolgirls Can Find Protection in Title IX” By Joanne N. Smith – WeNews guest author, May 15, 2011
- Examiner.com: “Review: Hey, Shorty! is a must-read for America” By Jacquie Piasta, May 15, 2011
- Minnesota Spokeman-Recorder: “Book Part of Movement to Stop Sexual Harassment, Violence in Schools” By Charles Hallman, June 15th, 2011
Comments are closed.