MEV’s Fifth Cohort of Movement Makers — Application Now Open!
We are excited to announce that the application for our Fifth Cohort of Movement Makers is now open!
Cohort 5, our final cohort, will join our community of Movement Makers (learn more about Cohorts 1, 2, 3, and 4) working to strengthen U.S.-based movements to end violence against trans and cis girls and women and gender non-conforming folks. Through convenings, workshops, skills training, coaching and a community of allies, members of Cohort 5 will have a unique and transformational opportunity to powerfully contribute to movements for social change.
Are you interested in becoming a Movement Maker?
We are looking for people who are passionate about strengthening collaborative U.S.-based movements to end violence against trans and cis girls and women and gender non-conforming folks and see it as a significant part of their life’s work. The goal of this program is to practice transformational movement-building – which requires us to stretch, be uncomfortable, and experiment. We are looking for leaders who will come to this program with openness and a willingness to try new things, and who have political homes to bring their learnings back to. Applicants must be at an organization or a fiscally-sponsored project that is committed to ending gender-based violence.
We are committed to engaging Movement Makers from and working in marginalized communities, especially those being targeted in these political times. We strongly encourage movement leaders with the following identities (in no particular order) and/or doing work with these communities to apply:
- Based in the South, particularly the Southeast, the Southwest, and rural communities;
- Disabled or Differently Abled;
- Folks working to dismantle the carceral state;
- Indigenous, Native American, Black, of African descent, Migrant/immigrant, Muslim;
- Preferred or first language is not Standard American English;
- Queer, Lesbian, Bisexual, Pansexual, Asexual and other sexually expansive identities;
- Survivor of gender-based and/or intersectional violence;
- Transgender, Two Spirit, gender non-conforming, gender non-binary, and other gender expansive identities; and
- Under 30.
What are the Benefits of applying to Move to End Violence?
Over the course of this two-year program, Movement Makers have the opportunity to build community, grow as leaders, and tackle complex movement questions. This intensive program runs from September 2020 to December 2022, with in-person convenings every few months.
Movement Makers will have the opportunity to participate in:
- Intensive, thought-provoking convenings in locations rooted in ancestral and movement wisdom with space for restoration and connection; and
- Training, facilitation and conversation with some of the country’s leaders in racial equity and liberation, transformational leadership development, and movement building for social change.
- Other benefits, including: a community of peers, individual coaching support, skills development, organizational coaching and development, and a three-year general operating grant with project support to cover your participation time.
How to Apply
We are excited to launch the application in Spanish for the first time! Click these links to learn more: read about our commitment to language justice, visit our Spanish micro-site, and read the application announcement in Spanish.
The application must be submitted through our online platform unless you’d like to request other arrangements to support your accessibility. The application is due 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET on March 31, 2020.