Move to End Violence is Hiring!
Move to End Violence is hiring a Deputy Director at The Raben Group
The Raben Group seeks a Deputy Director to join the consulting team administering Move to End Violence, a program of the NoVo Foundation. The ideal candidate seeks a senior-level position to oversee the development and execution of programming designed to strengthen the U.S. movement to end violence against girls and women. We are looking for someone who will bring a spirit of collaboration, partnership, experimentation, and fun to our team – in service of a powerful impact. The position will report to the Director and may be based anywhere in the United States, with a strong preference for Seattle, Washington or Los Angeles, California. Candidates not currently based in those cities but willing to move would have access to relocation benefits.
About the Team
Our team works with other consultants and experts in the fields of transformative leadership development, organizational development, movement building, liberation from oppression, and social change to implement Move to End Violence. We began by researching and designing a 10-year program to strengthen the movement to end violence against women and girls. Now in our fifth year of implementation, we are responsible for recruiting and selecting participants (Movement Makers), managing and delivering curriculum at several in-person convenings each year, supporting participating individuals and organizations, developing and maintaining an external presence, providing learning opportunities for and with social justice allies, and more.
This team operates as consultants to the NoVo Foundation. We are housed at The Raben Group, a progressive public affairs consulting firm based in DC and with offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Seattle. To learn more about the firm, visit www.rabengroup.com.
The Deputy Director is responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of convenings and workshops
- Providing management and direction to program faculty to create and deliver program curriculum in service of long-term goals and the overarching program design
- Representing the program and foundation during convenings and workshops in order to cultivate a sense of community, shared purpose, and partnership
- Managing the documentation of convenings and workshops to support accessibility, institutional knowledge, and the creation of tools and resources for use outside of convenings
- Serving as a senior strategic thought partner to the Director on matters of program design and implementation
- Driving other special projects in partnership with the team, Movement Makers, and NoVo Foundation staff
The Deputy Director should have:
- At least 15 years of experience working for social justice
- At least 5 years of experience working in the U.S. field to end violence against girls and women, with a demonstrated understanding of movement dynamics
- The ability to manage complex systems with grace and confidence
- A track record of creating shared goals and values, and working towards them in collaboration and partnership
- Strengths in strategic thinking and execution
- An empowering and facilitative approach to leadership
- Experience managing a team of consultants or senior level staff
- Availability to travel regularly, at least one week a month
- A strong intersectional, feminist analysis and approach to the work
- Experience leading diverse teams
The following are a plus, but not required:
- Experience with convening design or curriculum development
- Strong writing skills to help translate the convening-based learnings for broader audiences
- Experience as a facilitator and/or trainer
- Fluency in Spanish
The Raben Group is an equal opportunity employer with a multi-lingual, multi-national, and otherwise very diverse staff. We highly value each of our staff member’s unique life experiences and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Salary is based on experience and is complemented by excellent benefits.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org with your last name followed by “Move to End Violence” in the subject line (example: “Andrews Move to End Violence”). Priority will be given to applications received by June 19, and no applications will be accepted after July 20. No calls please.